KOREAN beauty is known for valuing that “inside” glow, and her latest trend is no exception.
“Glass skin” is taking the beauty world by storm, but what exactly is it and how can we achieve it?
First off, glass skin is a fresh, dewy complexion with no visible pores or an overly matte finish.
It imitates the translucency of glass, hence its name, and is called ‘mul-gwang’ in Korean terms, or simply ‘water skin’ or ‘transparent skin’.
Unlike most beauty trends, glass skin doesn’t involve a lot of makeup.
In fact, the less makeup you can use to achieve that natural glow, the better.
The youthful finish comes from a strategic and rigorous skincare routine.
The first step is to perform a double cleanse in the morning and evening – this ensures complete removal of dirt, pollution and makeup.
You don’t want anything that strips your skin of its natural oils, so opt for cleansing balms, oils, or gels (as opposed to mousses or soaps).
A light moisturizer is essential and should be warmed with fingertips before rubbing into skin until fully absorbed.
Moisturizing masks and mists will also help achieve glassy skin.
To start, here is our selection of Glass Skin products…
- Sunday Riley Micro-Dissolve Cleansing Oil, £35 from Net-A-Porter – buy It Now
- LixirSkin Electrogel Cleanser, £25 from LixirSkin – buy It Now
- Oskia Citylife Face Mist, £48 from Cult Beauty – buy It Now
- Dr. Jart Dermask Micro Jet Brightening Solution, £5.50 from Selfridges – buy It Now
- Institut Esthederm Retinol Intensive Cream, £59 from Look Fantastic – buy It Now
- Becca First Light Priming Filter, £15 from Cult Beauty – buy It Now
- Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter, £30 from Charlotte Tilbury – buy It Now
- RMS Beauty Living Luminizer, £36 from Space NK – buy It Now
- Alpha-H Liquid Gold, £33.50 at Cult Beauty – buy It Now
If you can’t get enough of K-beauty, you’ll definitely want this £12 serum that sells out every 20 seconds.
Want even more sparkle? Find out why this self-tanning oil is such a hit.
And no beauty lover should be without this guide on how much of our products we should use.