Glass skin is when your skin is at its healthiest. For skin to appear poreless, luminous and translucent, there are a host of things that need to be controlled. You can’t just be hydrated and look this way. Your skin really needs to look its best in all aspects. We must realize that when we talk about glass skin, we are referring to skin that radiates a vigorous glow, is free from disease or blemishes, and is also extremely well hydrated, allowing the skin to have a brilliant shine.
It is a well-known and proven fact that pore size is hereditary, genetics play a crucial role in having flawless skin. So, if someone has large pores or a large number of pores, they will have to work a lot harder to make sure their pores look small and unclogged. Dermatologists generally advise that it is essential to focus on luminosity while maintaining disease-free skin by following a proper skin care regimen and taking necessary supplements. This brings us to the essential cleansing, toning and hydrating regimen.
Many people ask why these actions are important. It is essential to note that cleaning allows us to establish a clean slate to start our skin care routine. It cleanses your skin of all the dirt, dust, grime and pollutants it collects. If you use makeup, a cleanser will help remove all the layers. Sometimes makeup gets into our pores and is not completely removed with a cleansing procedure alone. This is when toners come in handy. Tonics help exfoliate the skin. Toners help the penetration of active compounds into the skin. Serums, on the other hand, contain active substances that treat your skin problems. It is essential to apply a serum first, followed by a moisturizer, because the moisturizer is a thick base that clogs the pores. Always apply your active ingredients first, followed by the serum and then the moisturizer. The moisturizer helps in the closure of chemicals that penetrate the skin.
To remove debris and lingering pollutants, use a moderate oil-based cleanser followed by a foam-based cleanser to wash the face twice. After that, use a scraper to remove all dead and dull cells from the surface. Look for a face mask sheet that will hydrate your skin, followed by a toner that will balance your skin’s pH levels. Then use a face serum, ideally an oil-based serum. Now moisturize your skin with a gentle water-based moisturizer. A gel-based moisturizer is recommended for people with oily skin.
How to get a glass skin at home?
1. Double Cleansing: Cleansing is nothing but washing your face.
2. Exfoliating: After cleansing, dab your face with a towel and apply a scrub to exfoliate your skin.
3. Toning: Your skin is soft and supple after the exfoliation.
4. Essence: An essence is a lightweight water-based product that adds moisture to your skin.
5. Face serum: Next, apply a face serum and gently massage your face.
6. Moisturizer: Lock it all in by layering on a moisturizer that leaves your skin feeling smooth and supple.
7. Sunscreen: A non-negotiable step in any skincare regimen is sunscreen.
8. Sheet masks: Ingredients in sheet masks give skin a natural glow and make it super soft. A highly concentrated sheet mask for increased elasticity and improved skin health.